Skip to main content
- Watershed Management Group – Administrator and IT Manager
- Accountant and administrator, IT manager, website developer, constituent database manager, development team, primary staff in human resources
- Jan. 2012 to Present
- Independent Contractor - Website development and maintenance (more on Website development)
- Create and manage several websites, including handling web servers, DNS, CRM databases, Drupal CMS setup, and other technical details.
- 2008 to Present
- Sky Island Alliance – Administrator
- Accountant, office manager, development associate, website developer
- Oct. 2004 to Jan. 2012
- Daniel Patterson for AZ House – Accountant, Website Developer
- 2 successful and 1 partial Arizona Clean Elections campaigns electing Daniel Patterson to the AZ House of Representatives
- Jan. 2008 to June 2012
- University of Arizona – Research Biologist
- Ongoing multi-pronged research project on pygmy-owls in Sonora, Mexico
- March 2000 to 2013 (Seasonal)
- SWCA Biological Consultants – Research Biologist
- Assessing habitat and surveying for pygmy-owls
- Jan. 2006 to June 2007
- Self Employed – Landlord and Handyman
- Extensive experience repairing/improving houses
- 1993 to Present
Other Work and Research Experience
- Biological survey contracts for multiple entities including the University of Arizona, Northern Jaguar Project, and Maricopa Audubon Society
- Board Member of Dunbar/Spring Neighborhood Association
- President 2013 to 2017, Vice-President 2010 to 2013, Treasurer 2017 to 2020
- Consultant and Accountant at Cuenca Los Ojos
- Vegetation surveys in several National Parks and Monuments for the Park Service’s Inventory and Monitoring program
- Dozens of biological inventory trips with Sky Island Alliance’s MABA project, then Greater Good's Madrean Discovery Expedition program studying bird and plant distribution and abundance across Sonora, Mexico and into southern Arizona
- Researcher, author, and co-author on several natural history focused articles and scientific papers
- Creator of extensively published photography, maps, and artwork
- Website development, especially using the Drupal content management system and CiviCRM
- Computers, servers, and other technology
- Field biology, research, bird ecology, biogeography, botany, southwest geography
- River rafting expeditions, remote camping hiking
- Exploration and documentation of remote locations, especially in Sonora, Mexico and Arizona, USA
- Over a decade of experience as a field biologist in the southwest U.S. and northwest México. I have decent general knowledge of ecosystems, geography, and biology of the region. I've worked primarily with birds and plants, especially the Cactus Ferruginous Pygmy-owl, but have knowledge on herps and mammals as well. Companies include University of Arizona, SWCA Biological Consultants, National Park Service Inventory and Monitoring Program, Center for Biological Diversity, Maricopa Audubon Society, among others.
- About 2 decades of experience accounting, bookkeeping, and administration for both small and large non-profit entities including Watershed Management Group, Sky Island Alliance, Earth First! Journal, Mt. Graham Coalition, Cuenca Los Ojos, and Dunbar/Spring Neighborhood Association. Treasurer for 2 successful AZ Clean Elections campaigns for an AZ state representative.
- Over a decade of experience with website creation and development. Experienced with Dreamweaver and basic HTML and CSS code. Extensive experience working with the Drupal Content Management System as well as CiviCRM.
- Experience in information technology (IT) field. Familiar with various architectures including PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux operating systems. Proficient with Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Quickbooks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, ArcGIS, among others. Basic understanding of and experience with repairing computer hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of Southwest ecosystems and geography especially Arizona and Sonora, Mexico.
- Skilled river rafter and general out-door guide. Extensive backcountry and wilderness experience.
- Capable with GPS, maps, and compass.
- Published photographer with experience in Nature, portrait, and documentation photography.
- Formerly a published artist. Specialized in fine art of birds and other animals.
- Extensive experience with almost all aspects of fixing and remodeling houses and related infrastructure. Specifically: plumbing, roofing, electrical, woodworking/carpentry, masonry/tile, painting, and finish work.
- Experienced landscaper and gardener. Familiar with most native trees and shrubs of southern AZ and northern Sonora and have also helped install water harvesting and permaculture projects. Some experience with and understanding of restoration and flood control techniques.
- Involvement and experience working on many environmental and social issues and campaigns personally, and for numerous non-profit organizations.
- Two decades of experience as a property and rental manager, mostly with personally owned property, but also with 2 client properties.